Andre Jeanpierre Fanthome, is a self taught photographer based in New Delhi, India. He oeuvre of work spans diverse sectors with Architectural and Development Photography being a special area of interest. His clientele include leading national and international real estate companies, corporate houses, publications and several developmental agencies across south asia.
Fanthome has also been part of a team, working on “The Presidential Retreats of India” . It is part of a special multi series book project commissioned by the Rashtrapati Bhawan to document various aspects of the life of The President of India and Rashtrapati Bhawan.
In 2009, Fanthome was awarded the ‘National Academy Award for Visual Art’ by the National Lalit kala Academy – at the age of 27, making him one of the youngest to receive this National Honour.
Fanthome belongs to the old school of thought and believes that every photograph carries with it a responsibility, not to the viewer, but to the moment being captured. For him every photograph is a deliberate and often an emotionally charged reaction.
One unique aspect of his art, right from his early years in college is the balance he has been able to maintain between his commercial work and developmental photography in an effort to contribute to society.
Born and brought up in a tiny village of east Bhutan where he went to a government primary school sitting on the floor, to studying Economics at St. Stephen’s College in New Delhi, Fanthome has since then travelled the globe to over 30 countries doing what he loves doing best.
With a passion to teach photography he helps youngsters discover the power and excitement of the medium. Presently visiting faculty at School of planning and architecture he has lectured at various colleges like IIT Delhi, St. Stephen’s and Kirori Mal College and The Sushant School of Design, Gurgaon.
An avid birder and a keen cook, in addition to travelling he also loves diving.
• ‘32˚ Fahrenheit’ at the Lalit Kala Academy, Lucknow inaugurated by the Governor of Uttar Pradesh
• ‘32˚ Fahrenheit’ at the L S Raheja School of Arts and Architecture, Mumbai
• ‘32˚ Fahrenheit’ at the American Center New Delhi
• ‘Living Death’- a traveling street exhibition for Swechha
• ‘We Are a Family’ Group show organized by International Planned Parenthood Federation, South Asia Regional Office on the occasion of their 60th anniversary at Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
• ‘Lucknow’ at the Lalit Kala Academy organized by INTACH
• ‘60 Years- a Photographic Journey’ at the Academy of Fine Arts and Literature
• National Exhibition of Art at the Kala Academy Goa
Fanthome.in is the home his artwork. To see his commercial work, please visit www.andrefanthome.com
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 98181 58645